CIC respects your privacy and spares no efforts to safeguard your personal information. You are not required to provide such information on the public areas of the web site. But particular circumstance may give rise to information requirements. One example is email communication or newsletter subscription, where we may need your email address, name and contact information. Another is job application, where we may need your name, gender, age, and education background. Such information is used to accomplish a deal/process or improve the service.
The web site automatically keeps a log of domain and IP of inbound requests, the ID information of the visiting computers rather than the visitors. We may use such information to analyze coverage and traffic of the web site, so as to understand users' preference and boost service. We do not establish link between the log and visitors' personal data.
We put in place necessary security policies, protocols, and technical measures to manage your personal information and protect it from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, tampering, sabotage or leakage.
The web site takes reasonable efforts to safeguard the personal information you provide to us. Subject to legal or governmental provisions, such information will not be released to any irrelevant third party (either a company or an individual) without your prior consent.
The web site disclaims liability for any loss if:
- your information is disclosed to an administrative or judiciary institution, or for the sake of public security, as required by applicable laws, regulations and codes.
- your information is leaked because you disclose your password to or share your account with others
- your information is leaked, lost, appropriated or tampered with as a result of force majeure that interrupts the network, such as computer virus or government order for suspension.
- your information is leaked and any legal dispute and consequence arising from such leakage because you access any third-party web sites via links established by the web site.
- your information is leaked for any other reasons other than as a result of our willful misconduct and gross negligence.
Any litigation or dispute related to this privacy statement shall be governed by applicable laws of the People's Republic of China.
CIC reserves all rights to interpret, revise and update this privacy statement.